This weekend Nick and I celebrated our three year anniversary. HollA! We went into Seattle and spent the day at the aquarium, shopping, and eating everywhere. Seriously, we went to multiple chocolate shops so I could stock up on some Mast dark chocolate bars but also try a few truffles, bought amandines at Le Panier, stopped for salted carmel and tiramisu gelato, then delighted in steamed crab and filet oscar... I mean we went all out here people. I probably am gaining weight as we speak just thinking about all the food
Then we were just way lucky and had Monday off of work for Presidents Day too. We were trying to decide what to do for the day and were torn between millions of options: San Juans? Snoqualamie? Hiking in the Olympics? (or more like a baby walk for me). We ended up going to Port Townsend, the "Paris of the Pacific Northwest," as I saw it was called on some tourist website. Well, it wasn't Paris, but we loved it anyway. It's the most beautiful Victorian town, and Fort Warden was pretty awesome too. From the lighthouse, we could see Canada (we think), and we can't wait to go back when it is warmer and hopefully clearer. We realized we hadn't come prepared to explore the bunkers at Fort Warden as I was wearing flats, which quickly filled with sand and mud, and we were flashlight-less. We'll be ready next time! We are having so much fun exploring our new home and everything it has to offer all around us. So come visit! We have lots to show everyone.



Oh my goodness, Allison--it is GORGEOUS there! Can we come visit? ;)
ReplyDeleteOh DO! Haha it really is :)
DeleteMy sister just moved to the Seattle area and now I cannot wait to visit! It looks so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAlso not to be a creepy stalker, but everything you pin on pinterest I drool over.
You are such a creepy stalker. Haha jk no way! It just means I follow good people. Lol and seriously everything surrounding Seattle is breathtaking!
Delete