4.04.2013
Snoqualmie and Port Angeles
Whenever I have a Saturday off of work, Nick and I try to take little trips to places I went when I was young, or explore the Olympic Peninsula. A few weeks ago we went to Snoqualmie Falls and ate brunch at Salish Lodge, where we enjoyed some incredible hot chocolate and eggs benedict. But really, I think the only better hot chocolate I've had was in Paris, so that is saying something.
After allowing the falls to drench us and frizz my hair, I wanted to show Nick where I was baptized. Instead of a font, I was baptized in Carnation, WA in the Snoqualmie River, so I tried to find that by memory. (Idiot!) It took a number of U-turns and more than one false "This is it!" to find the spot, but eventually, we made it! We also fell upon my favorite childhood place, Remlinger Farms, where my sisters and I used to ride ponies (particularly one named Celery), chase peacocks, and eat fruit rollups. I quite literally yelped when Nick said, "Hey look, a sign for Remlinger Farms. Weren't you telling me about that?"
We revisited as many places as it took for Nick to get SO sick of me saying, "I remember that!!" then headed home with a box full of Cow Chip cookies -- 13 giant cookies actually, which disappeared with shameful speed.
This last weekend, I got off work earlier than expected, so Nick and I decided to head up to Port Angeles. We knew that the ferry to Victoria took off from Port Angeles, so we mistakenly thought it would be some sort of big town. I'll be honest, it was LAME. Twilight misled me once again. The only good parts were the drive through Sequim and watching the ferry come in. Other than that, all the shops in town closed in the middle of the day, and that stupid Italian restaurant gave me mushroom poisoning. Well, now we know not to go back there. Lesson learned!
On another note. I just finished reading Les Miserables. It was 1,000 pages of delight. It took me like 3 months to get through the first 400 pages or so, then Marius showed up and I flew through the last 600 in just a couple days. I sort of feel like my life is over now... so I just listen to Les Mis, or watch Les Mis (like I am right this moment), or sing Les Mis (also, right now) to fill this void. If anyone has an epic, life changing book that measures up, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


My pony was named rhubarb
ReplyDeleteI actually just remembered that today! I was thinking, Celery? Carrot? No, Rhubarb!!
Delete