1.02.2013

Washington

As I said, Nick and I drove up to Seattle this weekend with his mom to go house hunting, by which I really mean diamond-in-the-rough-mini-apartment hunting. We saw a lot of places that sucked. But hallelujah, we found one that we love! The best parts about it is that we can paint the walls, and it has a wood burning fireplace. The bad news is that our current couches won't fit (maybe that's a good thing because fruit print doesn't match with much) so we'll have to buy a new couch, and I can't figure out where we will put our TV with the layout. But those are concerns we will deal with later!

We spent our first day in Seattle, buying cheese, blueberry syrup, amandines (aka French pastry goodness), and gorging on mass amounts of seafood.


Don't be too surprised that it was overcast our whole time there. Overcast, but beautiful! We are obsessed with the trees everywhere, and I can't tell you how often I hear Nick saying, "I just love the maritime feel...." We like the ocean. :)

This will be my drive to work every day. Better than salty Utah freeways!


Our new town!


The port, where I will be running early in the morning every day. Just kidding, I don't exercise anymore.


2 comments:

  1. First, where did you get that sweater? I love it so much.

    And second, congratulations! That part of the country is so beautiful. I hope you love living up there. Where will you be working?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! It's from JCrew from a while ago. I think I saw it like 2 years ago at the regular stores and didn't buy it because it was too much at regular price then it sold out. Then I found it at the outlet and was waiting for it to go on sale too then it sold out. Haha it was bad luck for me. But I scoured eBay for months and months and finally found one! It's my most prized possession. :) Thanks though! We are thrilled about the move. Nick will be working at the Naval Shipyard, and I'm just gonna transfer to the Gap up there until we are all settled, then I'll worry about finding something else :)

      Delete