My parents ditched us this year and drove off to sunny, warm Arizona, leaving Nick and my in freezing Utah. Of course we had the option to go, but Nick and I both had to work, and we have a LOT to do before out big move next month!
If you missed the announcement on FB or insta, we are moving to Washington! We just drove up to find an apartment, and we found one in Port Orchard, a small town on the Olympic Peninsula. It's close to Bremerton where Nick will be working as a nuclear test engineer at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. I've been dying to go back to my roots in Washington ever since we moved here years ago, so I cannot say how thrilled I am!
But back on topic, we celebrated Christmas rather low-key-ly. We hung out with the Buckners on Christmas Eve, spent Christmas morning with them, then spent the afternoon at my Granny's beautiful home. That's always my favorite get together, and we were extra festive in our bright red this year.
After Granny's, we headed over to Brett and Angela's for tortilla soup (Christmasy, no?). They didn't go to many Christmas parties because little Gwen is so new, so we brought the party to them. Penny was pretty thrilled with all of her presents (sparkly pink tutus obviously go well with Cinderella costumes, riding on a pony). And obviously, I love her so much. Is it weird or obsessive that one of my first thoughts when we found out we were moving was how much I am going to miss Penny? And the rest of my family...but Penny was the first thought. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment