5.07.2012

Graduation


I may have finished school four months ago, but nothing was official until Saturday when I graduated from USU!
I'm all done!! Oh wait, no, I decided to go back to school because 17.5 years wasn't enough for me. So starting Fall 2012 I will begin my American Studies program and will teach English 1010.
As all graduations are, ours was long and loooong. But the speakers were actually pretty great. We had this Navy Seal named Eric Greitens speak and he had some great experiences to share.
Also we sang the Scotsman. I was the lone graduate who knew no words (except "...where the sagebrush grooooooows!"). I made friends with a girl while lining up to walk across campus in the morning and she was in awe that I didn't go to USU games. I told her I could sing BYU's fight song but she wasn't as impressed.
I must say, aren't my leis beautiful? Nick's mom got them for me from a florist in West Jordan that ships their flowers in from Hawaii twice a week. I love them! 
Thank you to my family for coming to support me, and of course to those who were there in spirit!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! It is an amazing feeling!! You are amazing... Going to more school!! You go girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrat! i need to get with it! you look awesome! and i do love your leis!

    ReplyDelete