1.28.2012

Grad School Update

For anyone who is curious, my professor wrote back, and they are still accepting applications for the next couple of months!
So I'm taking the GRE on Feb. 7 and having Angela review math with me. I had a little freak out when Angela accidentally printed off the Mathematics GRE instead of the math portion of the Generals GRE and there was calculus on it (I wanted to cry). But never fear. It's just algebra, geometry, and data analysis. 
Although I'm pretty sure I bombed the data analysis portion on the ACT. Let's instead remember how my overall school was raised because of my better scores on the English parts, although I think it was impossible to not do better than my data analysis section.
I've begun the application process and am so pleased that I have past professors so willing to be helpful and write me letters of recommendation. 
So now my decision is just torn between the American Studies and Literature & Writing programs!

On another note, the Buckners are going to Hawaii for spring break! I can't even convey how excited I am. I haven't been since I was in 1st grade I think. And I haven't been on a real vacation (i.e. not a road trip, not Bear Lake or Vegas) probably since Paris. And I guess I was doing school in Paris so that might not even count (I'm not complaining though). 


So us Buckner kids are doing a Biggest Loser competition! We've got to get into swimsuit shape, and sadly I've come far from that after a summer of little exercise and a fall of zero exercise. Luckily, between working just a few hours a week and doing nothing else, I have plenty of time for the gym. So I've been going usually once a day, but if I'm bored enough, twice a day. Nick is gone every day from about 8 in the morning 'til 10 a night, so I might as well get the best use out of my time! I'm hoping for a six pack in no time. We'll see.
There's a $50 pot for whoever wins! That'll probably be little Miss Lizzy who is a workoutaholic though :)

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me you are coming to Oahu :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited that you will be going to graduate school!!! You will never regret it. And have fun in Hawaii, we will try not to be too jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever, you won this last week! Heyyoo! :)

    ReplyDelete