4.06.2011

What My Heart Longs For...


It's rather possible that I've spent the past two years (minus 8 days exactly)
dreaming of Laduree macarons and imagining the time when I might next enjoy one.
And yes, in deed, that time is exact. It was April 14, 2009 that I last stood before those pastel green doors examining the lovely Easter themed macaron decorations.
Karin and I then enjoyed our last macarons on the steps of l'Eglise de la Madeleine.

Really though, when I say "dreaming," I'm not just using figurative language. I may or may not have had more than one dream-turned-nightmare about going back to Paris, wandering around in the metro and walking around on the streets, then realizing that my return plane to Salt Lake was about to leave and I never even went to my favorite little tea shop. I always wake up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down my face.

There are a few places here in Salt Lake that have macarons (or I could perhaps try not to act like a French snob, and just call them "French macaroons" like everybody else). But they really don't measure up to Laduree. Every time is rather disappointing. Although I still need to give Gourmandise a try. I've heard good things about them, and I recently tried a heavenly cake from there... perhaps this weekend...

Anyway, one day I will be a mother, and because of that, I might request a Mother's Day gift.
Or maybe I can convince the Easter Bunny that I need this.
Or maybe I will just buy it.


A macaron cookbook?! Could it be?
Angela and I have tried making them ourselves once before, and the cookie part itself turned out good, but it was nasty frosting on the inside. I blame the recipe. Let's give this another try!

So now I will beg. Please, oh please Nick? Easter Bunny? Mom? Dad?


Disclaimer: I know that Laduree has an accent on the e, but I'm not computer literate enough to know how to do that on any computer program besides Word. And I'm an English major, so I'm supposed to spell everything correctly. Oh yeah, and I proofread my blog and get really embarrassed when I don't catch mistakes. :)

2 comments:

  1. I was literally just thinking of these today. I miss Laudurée...so much. The best alternative I've had was from a pastry shop in San Francisco. Gourmandise has great stuff, but I wasn't a fan of the macaron I had, so let me know if they're better than I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhh. i miss paris soooo much!!!! take me back :)

    ReplyDelete