4.10.2011

Penny's Cupcake Cowabunga

Happy Birthday to our little Panini!
Well, she isn't ours, but sometimes we wish.
I just love that little bum.


She turned the big ONE this week and we celebrated with a delicious cupcake party that Angela threw at her house!
Look at that spread...


Which ones did I make? Oh the delicious chocolate ones.
(I was obviously experimenting with frosting design techniques.)

And the cornbread ones with a sunny side up egg on top.

Okay, actually they are lemon. And seriously, I was so proud of myself for thinking that I had made the cutest cupcakes ever. I wanted to show them off to everybody. Then I realized that the lemon drop looked like an egg yolk, and my excitement turned to shame.
They are a repulsive sight, but I still think they taste yummy :)

I'm sure nobody cares, but I followed this recipe. And perhaps you might see what I was aiming for when I put that lemon candy on top.


Penny of course needed a birthday cupcake! Before:


After:
Seriously, she just went to town. She wasn't even super excited or anything, and she didn't really care that we were all crowded around her. I think she mostly wanted to be left in peace to eat her cupcakes, and she probably ate two whole ones!

She loved opening all her presents. There is nothing more satisfying than eating wrapping paper. (No picture of that unfortunately).


Oh how we love her :) I'm so excited to babysit her all summer!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! Thanks for making penny cuppy-cakes! I loved the yellow egg ones the best! Yummy lemon!

    ReplyDelete