I just have to say, I love going to the grocery store and feeling so much healthier than everybody else. I love pushing my rickety basket around filled with broccoli, spinach, one million apples, bananas, strawberries (latest obsession), blackberries, celery, carrots, beans, onions, cottage cheese, yogurt, orange juice, and sometimes a KitKat.
Then I look at the average college student's cart and I see the following: frozen pizza, frozen burritos, frozen pasta, top ramen, bags and bags of candy (that they are buying = not free from dad-in-law), ice cream, ice cream, ice cream, chips, fruit snacks, lots of soda, cookies, and not a single item of produce.
Maybe I'm not so much of a food-failure as I often think?
I'm glad I don't eat like crap all of the time, because just looking at those grocery carts makes me feel a little bit like barfing. Obviously, we indulge in sweets, but I'm just glad that Nick likes green smoothies as much as I do! And I'm glad he doesn't get mad at my when all I want to do is eat cottage cheese for dinner, because sometimes he just wants a frozen burrito anyway.
Well, I'm off to have my least favorite professor tell me how bad my essay draft is. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment