I had actually never been to half of the places that we went, but it was so fun to explore the Olympic Peninsula (especially since I had just told my family that I was pregnant and demanded front-seat privileges the whole time so I wouldn't get sick). We drove up to Sequim and checked out the Dungeness Spit. Then we made a stop at Crescent Lake, and it was honestly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! I'm not taking any glory from my beloved Bear Lake by saying this, but the color of the water was breathtaking, and pictures don't do justice to that deep blue.
This is the closest we got to a good photo of us. Girls don't smile here, and it was windy.
We trekked another few hours out to the coast and visited First and Second Beach at La Push. Both, again, were so windy that I was finding sand in my teeth days later. We had to hike down to Second Beach, but it was worth it for the view and the safety from the wind. Here is Richard and his best bud Jordan who came up with my family.
My motherly instincts were kicking in about here as I screamed at them to not slip. Seriously. Panic attacks were about to happen. I thought they were about to die.
We finished off our day at the Hoh Rainforest, where I was a party pooper and slept in the car instead of joining in the nature walk. In my own defense, I was terrified of the herds of elk we kept encountering, and I thought I was gonna barf. That night we made it home at about 2 in the morning, at which point I vowed to never try to do so much (at places so far apart from each other) in one day again.






No comments:
Post a Comment