10.04.2011

Why I'm a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

I'm not typically one to share my deepest thoughts a feelings via blog, Facebook, or anywhere else really. But for some reason I just felt like I wanted to say this, and for more than just my journal to see. I truly just feel so blessed right now. I came across this on Pinterest the other day.


Sometimes I so easily fall into the trap of thinking, "Oh I'm so poor, oh I have nothing, if only I had this than my life would be better." In reality, I have everything I need, plus some. I have food in my fridge, half of which is going bad. I have money in my wallet, even if it is only a couple dollars. I am healthy. I have never experienced war. I have an amazing education. I have an amazing husband who loves me so much and would do anything for me. I have my family that means the world to me. And I have the gospel in my life that brings me so much peace and happiness, and because of it I know that I can be with my family forever. What more do I need? Nothing.
After General Conference this weekend, I cannot help but think about how fortunate I am. The odds of being me out of the trillions of billions of people that have lived on this planet are obviously small. It makes me realize how much the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us. 
I don't read my scriptures as often as I should. I don't serve my neighbors as often as I should. I am lacking in so many ways, but I know that my Savior Jesus Christ loves me anyway, and He knows I can do better. Only through Him and His sacrifice can I even try to be better and be forgiven of my many flaws. 
I just feel overwhelmed with gratitude right now. The knowledge I have of this gospel and the plan of salvation lifts me up and comforts me so that I have no fear of the future. So many people question the validity of the gospel because they do not understand that some things, we don't need to understand right now. That is what faith is for, right? Trusting in the Lord, knowing that HE will provide. No matter what happens in our earthly life, if we follow our Savior, we can be with Him again.
And that's all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I needed to read at this very moment! Thanks Allison!!

    ReplyDelete