9.11.2011

500

After a four month writing hiatus, 500 words has never seemed so long.
My screen was blank for so. so. long.
I finally got on a roll and now I'm stuck at 326 words, which is the appropriate pausing point for blogging.

So now I'm just staring at this screen, wondering if there really exists some other aspect to analyze in the lines, "A man stood on a railroad bridge in northern Alabama, looking down into the swift water twenty feet below. The man's hands were behind his back, the wrists bound with a cord. A rope closely encircled his neck.... The man who was engaged in being hanged was apparently about thirty-five years of age. He was a civilian, if one might judge from his habit, which was that of a planter" ("An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge").

O Ambrose Bierce, I'd rather be reading The Hunger Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment