To prove to my dad that I'm not a fool.
This might be our favorite song. Nick and I like to text each other with new rhymes every day, such as:
Off to work, off to work, to show my husband I'm not really a jerk.
Or:
Waiting for the bus, waiting for the bus, it's taking so long that I'm gonna cuss.
Aren't we clever? Our thoughts are so deep and complex.
Besides the wonderful opportunity I have to text Nick new rhymes about taking the bus to school tomorrow, I'm pretty happy about having our own place back again! I love putting it all together. We got a new dresser from Ikea that turned out wonderfully after putting it together two times.
Yes, we really are so stupid that we couldn't do it right the first time.
But not really, I SWEAR we followed the instructions perfectly, but somehow on step 36 when we lifted the dresser upright, we realized that we mixed up two pieces on step 2 so the unfinished wood that was meant to go on the inside was actually showing on the front.
I almost cried and had to leave the room. Nick was so sweet and told me to go outside and therapeutically sand down my lovely new project side tables while he took apart and rebuilt the dresser all by himself, because he is amazing.
And those side tables we bought were originally $500 for the two, but we got them for $25 each. Oh my, I'm so happy about them. They have strange paint splotches on them, but seriously they are made out of such beautiful wood. And the SMELL like wood, I love it! So that is my project this week! (Before and after pictures to come!) And thank goodness because I have nothing else to do this week besides donate plasma.
PARTY!
No comments:
Post a Comment