
He's a creeper, huh.
I have to read this book for next week and I'm not very excited. Wanna know why?
Numero One: The cover has something to do it, and I judge a book by its cover.
Number Dos: my professor (whom I despise with a passion) was telling our class about the book before hand and he said, "Well, it's not exactly pornographic, but... hmmm... I don't know what other word to use."
I'm not comforted by these words.
Numero Trois: Along similar lines, the back cover reads, "Set in the sinister monastery of the Capuchins in Madrid, The Monk is a violent tale of ambition, murder, and incest. The struggle between maintaining monastic vows and fulfilling personal ambitions leads its main character, the monk Ambrosio, to temptation and the breaking of his vows, then to sexual obsession and rape, and finally to murder in order to conceal his guilt."
How appetizing.
Speaking of breaking monastic vows, well, I couldn't help myself.
Enjoy!
Bahhhhahahaha! I love that movie! At least all they do is eat toast together. Poor Nacho. I'm sorry about the book though, sounds like there's a little bit more to it than toast eating....
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA! I love that you thought of Nacho Libre... although Nacho Libre is about a million times better than The Monk. Kate showed me this blogpost, and it made me laugh out loud in a study area--just thought I'd let you know. Also, the cover of that book has FREAKED ME OUT to no end since Day 1 of Smitten's class. That monk sincerely is a creeper.
ReplyDelete