2.14.2011

New Goals

Today I increased my running record to 4 miles in 37.5 minutes.

Wabaam!

I'm so proud of myself, I leaned over to Nick about 5 times during our class and reminded him that I just ran 4 miles in 37.5 minutes.
Even though I really felt like I was going to throw up for the last few minutes because my body has never done that much before without resting (remember I'm a beginner, so don't hold me to high standards),
I totally felt like I could keep going, but as it was I was gonna be late for class and I figured I could save it for another day.
But then about 5 minutes ago I made a goal for myself:

I'm going to run a half marathon.

Don't know when. But someday, and someday soon ( or soon-ish).
My family has a lot of runners.
John still has records set at his middle school for running a mile in under 5 minutes and was on the track team.
My dad used to run marathons left and right.
Angela used to run and was on a little track team when we were little girls in Washington.
And then there was Allison...
I've always been the out of shape one that eats candy and could only run for about 50 yards.

Well things have changed, and I really wanna train my body to take on more!
I've been too lazy for too much of my life, and I am loving the feel of pushing my body to new limits and having control over myself. I feel like I have to remind everybody again that I am new to this, so my limits are currently low... but that's okay.

And on another note, I'm loving my new Free Runs! They are my magic shoes.

Oh, and Happy Valentines!

3 comments:

  1. i controlled myself yesterday by only eating three packs of fruit snacks. waabaaaaaaaaaam!! beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll train for said half marathon with you. there's one here i was thinking of doing in oconomowoc for labor day. you could fly out and come with me. or we could try and do one in may. i'll be there from the first to the twelfth or so. if we sign up now we'll be forced to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls, there is a half marathon in April. April 16th to be exact. Would you like to do it? I know I sure am, come hell or high water. I don't care how long I take. Just as long as I finish. :)

    ReplyDelete