2.09.2011

My Good News

So when I see somebody say that they have good news,
my automatic response is that they are pregnant.
But thank goodness that is not the case here.

Instead, my good news is that I've finally become responsible.

I usually file my taxes in July.
(I can get away with that because I'm poor enough that I'm not required to file).
This year, I not only did taxes for both me and Nick, but I also learned all about
the credits that we qualify for in my Family Finance class.
On top of that, I sent it in the mail on February 2.
That's right, a mere two days after we received all of our W-2's.

Next in line: I've been living without medical insurance for the past year.
Scary, stupid, crazy, I know.
Nick was allowed to stay on his parents' plan even though we're married, so I'm just grateful that I haven't been sick.
I finally got around to applying for insurance, and I just got approved a few days ago.
I'm just about to send my first payment in the mail. Finally.

And lastly, I have been so out of shape for the past 21 1/2 years.
No longer my friends.
I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes today without walking in between.
I know everybody is reading that thinking, "What a pansy, I can run 3 miles in 15 minutes without breaking a sweat."
But I just have to say I'm so proud of myself because that is the longest I've ran in my whole life without taking walking breaks!

So I just have to say, my accomplishments may not be all that impressive,
but I've come a long way!

6 comments:

  1. WaHoooooo :) I liked hearing about all your good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're like a a real adult.
    wish i was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yahooo nice going girl! you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby steps, allison. baby steps. if it makes you feel better i don't think i'll ever be able to run three miles. period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah girl, that's what I'm talkin' bout! Let's do the Balanced Man Tri at the end of April. :) It's easy cheesy.

    ReplyDelete