12.08.2010

Books


This is what I want my bookshelf to look like one day.

That is, one day when I have room in my home for a bookshelf.




It's a little bit less realistic, but ideally I'd like this library in my home.

(I envy you Belle.)


Sometimes I complain about school and how much time I spend at the library.

But let’s be honest. I love school. I love the library.

What am I going to do when I graduate?! (Unfortunately, graduation is currently farther off in the future than I had imagined because of some stupid math requirements with prerequisites that I will not be able to test out of because I have not taken math courses since my junior year of high school.)

But seriously though, I have loved this semester. I don’t think I have ever done so much reading and writing, especially the past week or so. I have never checked out so many books from the library. I have never read so many Norse sagas and been so interested in them. But I have some new favorite books.

Ramona by Helen Hunt Jackson was just awesome (I admit it, I cried multiple times). East of Eden by John Steinbeck has been my favorite for a while, and for some reason they both are books set in Southern California around the turn of the century.

I’ve also been taking an African literature class that is fascinating! Things Fall Apart seems to be a completely different book than the Things Fall Apart I read in high school. But I suppose that is what happens when your brain develops and you learn new things? I hope so!

Moral of this story #1: I love books.

Moral #2: I don't know why I am in class right now. (Wed. 8-10:30pm = Big mistake, but luckily my teacher doesn't know we are supposed to finish at 10:30, and she let's us out at 9:30 every week. Hurrah!) I have more than 100% and I don't even have to take my final. Alas, I'm paying no attention.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE East of Eden and Things Fall Apart and those books take me back to our highschool days... :)

    ReplyDelete