9.13.2010

Catch-Up!

So I might've forgotten that I have a blog.
Either that, or my husband has been reminding me to blog every single day and I just haven't...
Chances are that the latter is more correct!

Anyway, Nick and I had a fabulous summer! We are back at school at Logan, and I am currently in the middle of a paper on African poetry, which I obviously needed a break from. It is due in 2 hours, this is SO not like me to procrastinate.

Here is just a little summary of the last month or so!


We went to Butlerville Days for the 24th of July and watched fireworks while drinking unauthentic Brazilian lemonade.


I threw a Bridal shower for my little Tara Lynny who is now all grown up and married!


We took a trip to Seattle and I used my new Vera Bradley duffle bag that Nick gave me for my birthday! (Oh, and I also had a birthday and turned 21, but we have no pictures to document it)


We stopped at the beautiful Snoqualmie Falls.


Visited my old house that you can't really see behind all that overgrown shrubbery.


We went to Law Margaritas! My families favorite restaurant that we frequented.


Went kayaking on Lake Union. This was definitely our favorite activity! It was so much fun and SO beautiful there! I was completely drenched, so I'm glad I didn't take my camera out with us, but I would've loved to have had pictures of it!



We went to Pikes Place Market, of course.


We went to Le Panier, the very best French Bakery at Pikes. It was oh so very good and I'm been craving those amandines for a month!



Took a ferry ride to the San Juan Islands.


And visited a whale museum at Friday's Harbor!


Wedding Dinner...


Then my best friend got married! So happy for them :)



And now we are back in Logan, I'm relearning how to cook because I forgot everything after a 4 month absence! We made pizza that turned out okay, but it looks ugly so I'm not posting pictures.


Then on Saturday we went to the Salt Lake Brazilian Festival at the Gateway. It was fun! There was a little parade and we got some nummy Brazilian food with Angela, Brett, Penny, and Nick's mom Elaine. This is Nick eating a filled donut type thing but I don't remember what they are called...sonhos perhaps...?


And we watched a little Capoeira. It's a Brazilian form of martial arts/dancing. Pretty cool!

Anyway so like I said, Nick and I are just back up in Logan studying our lives away and trying really hard to frequent the gym. Our summer was a little bit too full of good food if ya know what I'm saying.
I'll try to blog again soon, I'll just have to see if anything eventful happens besides going to the grocery store :)

1 comment:

  1. hi, i was wondering where you found a bag like that sholder one in the vera bradley picture, it was the one that wasnt vera bradly! ive seen so many people with them but i havent been able to find one! :)

    ReplyDelete