4.10.2010

Just Another Day at the O.N.

So I work at Old Navy, as many of you know. Not my first choice, but there is no Gap in Logan (along with many other things...) and I can't bring myself to say goodbye to my Gap Inc. employee discount. I was in the fitting rooms when a mom with her three daughters came in, each carrying with them the pungent aroma of pot. First off, what awful household to be in! The girls were maybe about 7, 12, and 14, and while they were in the fitting rooms for an hour or more, they all did not say a word. They grunted. That is all. It just made me sad for how their lives must be with drugs in their house and everything.
The 14 year old daughter started throwing a 2 year old tantrum, i.e. screaming loudly, crying whimpering, grunting, locking her mom out of the dressing room, etc.
Then the really weird part happened. The mom came up to me in the fitting room and said "Do you have a stick of deodorant stick we can use? My daughter didn't put any on today."
....Seriously?
K, so if she was expecting a positive response, there could've only been two scenarios.
Option #1: "Yes ma'am! Of course I do! Here is my personal stick of deodorant that I keep in my pocket that I would love to share with your daughter."
Option #2: "Oh yeah, of course! Let me run in the back and get our community deodorant stick that all of us employees share."
Naturally I responded with an "Ummm..sorry what was that?" and then an "Ohh...uhh no we don't have any deodorant.
Weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment