The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival was amaze-balls. We planned to go on Friday, but Nick didn't get off work til 4 and we didn't realize that it was so far away, so we had to put it off until Sunday. I almost cried. I didn't cry. But I certainly was grouchy after this change of plans. I remembered going when I was little, so I've been telling him how much I wanted to go to the Tulip Festival even since we found out we were moving to Washington. So Sunday after church, it was pouring and pouring and I was regretting the fact that I was wearing my Sunday clothes and not my wellies and raincoat. But then about 10 miles away from Mount Vernon, the skies cleared and the sun shone and I was a happy camper.
It honestly was BREATHTAKING. I know how lame "breathtaking" sounds, but the whole time we were there, I thought, "Oh. My. Gosh. Oh. My. Gosh." Nick didn't seem like he wanted to go that much, especially because it took us around 2.5 hours to get there, but even before we got into "Tulip Town," (which we called Tulipton) Nick saw the daffodil fields and was blown away. Then he stopped complaining. Actually, he stopped complaining when we got him some popcorn at the fair. Then, of course, I made him take a million pictures of me because "I just need one or two good ones!" which sort of cancelled out the popcorn. It was SO worth the drive, and we're excited to go to the Tulip Festival every year!







Beautiful. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteim so happy i found your blog allison. you guys are gorgeous
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that you had to buy him popcorn to stop him complaining! HAHA
ReplyDelete