4.12.2012

Today


Today was a pretty good day I suppose.
First, it rained, and even though that destroyed all hopes for my outfit of choice (silk skirt? I think not), it was certainly beautiful.
I had an interview this morning at USU Press for an editing internship position for the summer, and I'm pretty sure he offered me the spot outright. At least if, "I think we will work great together," and "Well, send me an email letting me know what days you want to start coming in," mean what I think they mean.
He gave me a little test to assess my editing abilities, and I say, I did quite well!
I'd like to take this opportunity to extend a great big thank you to Copyediting for Dummies. 



After that, we had the College of Humanities and Social Sciences award ceremony where they honored the students of the year for each department and a few other awards were handed out. I was student of the year for Literary Studies, so I got a special piece of paper and a handshake.
And then they did the same thing for every other department and it lasted forever.
It was a party. 
Thank you to all my family who showed up to support me! And Angela, because I know she was there in spirit even though she was too sick! All the Buckners came too but I didn't get a photo with them.
Thanks all!

2 comments: